Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Super Skipper Becki in Florida is on fire lately!! She had her first group skip yesterday and sent me the following recap.... It also was cool to learn that Taylor Hicks was skipping on American Idol last night! I love it! Skip on!

There were 4 of us and we decided to skip from stop sign to stop sign. I told them a little about my challenging day while we walked briskly to the first stop sign and then we "skipped it off" instead of shaking it off. Then another person told us something frustrating that happened to her in line at the bank and we skipped it off. After we all skipped out our frustrations, we came up with something that each of us was happy about or grateful for or share something about our challenging situation that could be a silver lining and we skipped for joy for each person. When we were done we all hugged each other and cried and we felt like we had created a bond between us all.

One girl (doesn't want to be named yet) skipped while sucking a lollipop and we called her "Lickety-Skip"... Another girl skips so high in the air we were amazed. I called her a "Sky High Skipper " which we shortened to "Skyper". Everyone dubbed me "Skippy" from the beginning and Sara Beth named herself "Scamper". We had a lot of fun. My husband took me out for dinner afterward and I didn't even want to talk about my bad day, I couldn't stop talking about our skip.

Oh yeah! My fave American Idol contestant Taylor Hicks skipped ALL over the stage last night! It was great! My 3 year old got up and started skipping all over the living room with him! Didja see it? Skipping away with myself... Becki


Skip on Becki! Your energy and enthusiasm for skipping are contagious! It really is true that skipping every day makes finding the silver linings in life's challenges much easier!!! Thank you for sharing yourself so openly! Skip on girl!

No comments: