Monday, March 06, 2006

Day Fifteen

Thank God for yoga! Despite the fact that skipping has been "my thing" for a very long time, yoga has definitely become my practice of choice as far as this 21-day experiment goes. I think because it is convenient and new and less confronting than skipping is! Not to mention that it has been raining in San Francisco for an entire week.

Today during yoga, I had a really hard time turning off my mind! That's because the man next to me was an extremely heavy breather and he was driving me nuts! I knew I should be able to let it go and focus on my own breath and body...But my mind was like a dog that refused to let go of a chew toy! Staying in the room and doing the poses was a practice in and of itself today! Luckily I made it through...But man it took everything I've got. I guess finding and transcending those kinds of edges is what this experiment is all about.

I feel like I need to get out there and skip at some point this week. Hopefully the weather will clear up...and I'll feel inspired! Skipping is still my favorite spiritual practice....It just takes more courage than yoga, or meditating, or the labyrinth does! I'm always glad I did it when I skip...So I am setting my intention of going out for a long skip sometime soon. Skip on!

No comments: