Monday, March 20, 2006

I feel inspired to share part of an email I got today from a writer/editor I work with through my publicist job at New World Library. Her name is Michelle and she has a great website where she does monthly book reviews and horoscopes and more!

Michelle just reviewed one of the books I am working on called The World is a Waiting Lover...and we've become friends through our many email exchanges about New World Library authors. When I recently told her about my skipping efforts, she told me she's a swinger...

I love the idea, and reality, of doing what your heart tells you to do...even if it seems crazy to other people, because, just maybe, they will get a clue and start "skipping" too! And what a beautiful world this would be if everyone would just enjoy their lives a bit more and stop being afraid of what other people might think! You are on the right track...giving people permission to live their own lives the way that they want to and not be afraid of what other people's opinions might be! We are all unique souls and our souls naturally want to SKIP! I totally agree with you!

I am not only a "skipper", but I am also a "swinger"...I love to swing on the swings when we are at the park here near our home. I see the kids swinging and I just have to go over there and swing along! I see the other adults thinking, "Gosh, I wish I had the courage to go over there and swing too, but, I am an adult now and what would other people think...but, I really want to." When I see that look in someone's eyes, I say, "Hi...come and swing too...it's a lot of fun...and when will you have the chance again...you are only as old as you "think" you are and besides, you are younger today then you will be tomorrow!" I have actually gotten a few adults (both male and female...most over the age of 50) to come and swing with me. They are always smiling and very happy to have joined in!


Skip on, Michelle!! Swing on, too!! Here's to doing as many things as possible that help us worry less about what other people might think AND reconnect us with the authentic, simple joy of our childhoods at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kim! Skipping, swinging, and just enjoying our life...minute by minute...IS the right thing to do! I love your new blog and thanks for sharing our friendship story with the world!

Friends to the end and beyond!
Love,
Michelle