Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I got another email from a kindred skipping spirit that I wanted to share...

I heard about iskip a couple of years ago, I think in a Costco magazine. At the time I had just started walking every day and I would burst out skipping and then of course giggling. It was a rather spontaneous thing but now I try to do it fairly often. I also make sure anyone who walks with me makes a skipping attempt if they are able. What a joyful thing to bring to people! Thanks for the smiles! -Skipperdoodle Nancy

Skipperdoodle.....Right on! Thanks for the reminder that skipping is a great way to spice up your walking routine. Keep in mind that skipping burns twice as many calories as walking, so for every skip you step you get a double bang for your caloric buck!

For those of you who are nervous about skipping in public, my advice is to start slowly. Try skipping just 10 steps at a time the next time you go on a walk. Ignore your inner critic when it tells you that people will think you are crazy....and let your childlike spirit freely express itself! You won't be sorry. Skip on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We think skipping is fun but hey we are kids what are we suppose to think? We think you are CRAZY with two capitial C's get a life! love ya
oodles- an-Toodles Bye!!!!!!