Monday, June 27, 2005

I am sitting here at my office admiring a picture that is bringing back an amazing skipping memory.

As some of you already know, I am a book publicist who helps get authors and their books mentioned in the media. I work for an amazing company called New World Library that publishes books that are changing the world for the better. I have been in my current position since March and am extremely grateful to have found a job that I love as much as this one.

About a month ago, I went on a business trip to Illinois to work at a trade show for religious booksellers. While New World Library's books aren't exclusively religious, we do publish some amazing books in that area.

The trade show itself was pretty standard and uneventful...Except for one magical skipping experience. In a booth nearby where I was working, I met a nun whose positive, radiant energy lit up the room. I talked to her several times throughout the trade show...and really enjoyed her company.

At the very end of the show, right before we were packing up to go home, I told her about iskip.com and my quest to make the world a happier place through skipping. Her face lit up and she said, "Skipping!?!? I skip all the time!"

Before I knew it, the sister and I were skipping up and down the aisles. People who saw us just smiled and wondered what we were up to! One woman said she loved to skip too and joined in the fun! It was a truly magical moment...and a reminder to me that the joy of skipping is for people from all walks of life!

The sister's superiors asked that I not post our skipping picture on my website, so it is for my eyes only...But every time I look at it, it brings me such joy to know that my new nun friend could be out there skipping right now! Skip on Sister!

No comments: