Sunday, June 19, 2005

Since today is Father's Day I feel inspired to give a shout out to dear ole' Dad.

When I first announced to my family that I was going to start a national skipping movement, my Dad likes to say that he thought I lost all of my marbles. But then, he tried skipping himself, and he loved it! I'm not surprised given the fact that he raised me with a philosophy that said life is a lot better when you lose a few marbles. It is short and is supposed to be fun.

Shortly after I graduated from college my Dad wrote and self-published a great book called The Edge Resume and Job Search Strategy. When I saw the book, I fell in love with it and convinced him to hire me to sell it for him. The project did quite well...and thus began my career in the book publishing industry.

Lately my Dad's passion has been fiction writing. He has written four novels and his energy and excitement for his craft are truly inspiring. You can read synopsis of his novels on his website at http://www.billcorbin.com. He also recently started a blog about his writing pursuits. Skip on over to http://billcorbin.blogspot.com/ to check it out.

I feel extremely blessed that I got Bill Corbin as my Dad! He's one of my best friends in the whole world...and I know that he believes in me with all of his heart. I feel the same way about him. What a gift!

Happy Father's Day Dad...I love you! Skip on!

No comments: