Saturday, June 18, 2005

Back when the skipping movement was at its height, there were 70+ cities where someone had volunteered to the be the "head skipper" in their community.

Some head skippers organized weekly skipping/walking groups...Others did one big fundraising skip like a woman in Atlanta who skipped 100 miles to raise awareness for the animal sanctuary where she volunteered. Some head skippers passed out iskip postcards to spread the word...and others just skipped by example and told people about the website when they asked why they were skipping.

As you might imagine, keeping in touch with the goings on of so many skippers became a full time job...So much so that I quit my publishing job back then to focus on it full time. I naively assumed that if I leapt the financial net would eventually follow. I was wrong.

After a couple of years of recovering financially from that fact, I'm back in the saddle as far as writing a book about the benefits of skipping to the beat of your own drummer. The skip is back in my step and I believe the world needs skipping energy now even more than it did back in 1999/2000 when this whole adventure began.

If you are someone who loves to skip, I would like to invite you to play a part in the resurgance of the skipping movement. I have just recently started collecting email addresses for people around the world who want to help the cause...So far we have someone in Ponte Verde Beach, Florida...Oklahoma...and Australia!!

Being a head skipper is a fun, unique, and easy way to make a positive difference in our world that can use as much positive energy as it can get these days! And the only requirement is that you love to skip and explain why when others ask!

If this sounds at all intriguing to you, please send me an email at kimskips@peoplepc.com and I'll add you to the list to receive information as the skipping movement continues to move forward! Skip on!

1 comment:

Raymond's Edge said...

I tried some of that skipping.. A couple of guys looked at me funny so I had to stop. Do you have some kind of signs people can put on their backs to explain why we are skipping….AR