Sunday, June 12, 2005

I recently read this quote from Abraham Lincoln in Jon Gordon's Weekly Energy Addict newsletter. It really resonated with me and reminded me that all I can ever do is my very best...."I am not bound to win. I am bound to be true. I am not bound to suceed, but I am bound to live up to the light I have."

Abe's quote is a great reminder for me that I can't control the outcome about whether or not the book I am writing (or this blog for that matter) will be well received...All I (or any of us) can do right now, in this moment, is focus on letting my light shine and enjoying the process as much as possible. Reviving my writing voice...that was so strong back when I created the iskip.com website in 1999...is what I am being called to do right now. Abe helped me see how that is what I need to be focusing on....instead of wasting mental energy worrying about whether my story will be published one day.

Back when the national media was telling the skipping story, people used to tell me how much they admired my courage for so fully putting myself out there. I never understood that because it didn't feel like I was being brave...I felt incredibly blessed and lucky! Now that I have skipped around the block a few times...and encountered incredible set backs and challenges, I know what they meant about it taking courage!

Somewhere along the way, I lost Faith in myself and my dream...and I have been searching high and low for it ever since...The past couple of months, the magic has started to come back into my heart and life...and as a result, my willingness to put myself out there...to skip boldly through my life...is coming back. It feels great.

What a long strange skip it continues to be! It feels great to be enjoying the ride again. Onward and upward!

No comments: