Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Since I created the iskip.com website, I'm often asked how much I skip....Back when I was in top skipping shape the answer would have been at least a mile three times a week for exercise..and a little bit here and little bit there whenever the feeling struck.

My skipping quota these days has been far less...I still skip here and there...But my routine of skipping on a regular basis got lost along the way somewhere. It amazes me to know that someone can go from being called a fitness guru by People Magazine to not being able to motivate herself to workout!

I'm happy to report that I just recently broke through my wall of inactivity and have been starting to go out for longer distance skips again. My intention is to keep it up!

I live on a steep hill in San Francisco and love downhill skipping! So tonight I skipped all the way down a huge hill and through the financial district. I was able to go much farther than I thought I would....and when I came out of my skipping zone enough to notice was pleasantly surprised by the smiles I received from passers by.

Skipping is pure magic! It puts me in the most amazing, positive energy place. I wonder why it has been so challenging for me to get back in the habit of skipping on a daily basis. Why do we humans resist the things that makes us feel the best?

Oh well, at least I am finally over the hump.....I'm going to keep at it because I KNOW how amazing and magical my life becomes when I skip on a regular basis...I'm ready to let that magic in again.

No comments: