Friday, June 24, 2005

Last night I was lucky enough to get to work at a Marianne Williamson event in San Francisco. She is the author of A RETURN TO LOVE and one of my favorite authors of all time.

I was the microphone runner during the question and answer section of her talk....and was moved to tears several times. She talked about how important it is for us to live our dreams...To pay attention to our hearts and where they are guiding us..To not be afraid to let our lights shine bright....and how it takes time and patience for our dreams to unfold.. It was an awesome presenatation. She reassured me that I am on the right path....and that we can't go wrong as long as we listen to our hearts.

At the end of the evening, after she had signed her book for tons of people, she signed one for me. I told her about the skipping movement and gave her one of my iskip.com stickers. Her face lit up as I told her about it and she said, "I don't know if I even remember how to skip!" She took off her high heels and the two of us started skipping around the room! She skipped inbetween the empty chairs and we smiled and laughed. Wow! What an honor!

I LOVE skipping moments like that one. I LOVE watching people skip for the first time in years...What an honor to get to skip with one of the most inspirational authors and speakers I know! Right on, Marianne Williamson! Skip on! :-)

1 comment:

Katie Burke said...

WOW - I really admire MW, so I am sitting here in awe of the opportunity that you grabbed to skip with her!