Saturday, July 09, 2005


As you might notice, I have been skipping the blogging for over a week now..which isn't exactly the kind of skipping I advocate.

I went back to my hometown of Indianapolis over the fourth of July, and my blog habit seemingly fell to the wayside...It's amazing how hard it can be start a new habit and to stick with it! Oh well, I'm here writing now and that's what really matters.

My trip home was really special. We celebrated my amazing Grandmother's 85th birthday and had a quintessential Midwestern fourth of July.

My aunt is a Superintendent of a local school system, so she drives her yellow VW bug convertible in the parade every year. This year, I got the honor of sitting on the back of the car with my niece Maggie (4) and nephew CJ (9). I wore my red, white and blue Betsy Ross dress...and we threw candy at the hundreds of kids waving flags that lined the street.The high school marching band was right behind us...and the whole experience felt delightfully surreal! It was some down home Indiana fun. That's for sure!

There are a lot of things about America that I don't like right now..But my trip home reminded me about what is great about this country. It was a big slice of some pretty great things Family, community, celebration, fireworks, fun, and freedom!

Now that I'm back, my intention is to keep up with this blog! So skip back soon now ya hear?!

Skip on!

No comments: