Monday, July 25, 2005

Back when I was focusing on the skipping movement full time, there were 70+ skippers where there was an official "head skipper" who was helping to spread the skipping message in their home town! When I went back to working in the book publishing biz, those people hopefully kept skipping, but head skippers were no longer an active part of iskip.com.

Just last week, I completed a proposal for a book that I hope to write about the benefits of skipping to the beat of your own drummer. If all goes well, the book could potentially be out in Fall of 2006. My plan is to start collecting the names and email addresses of skippers around the world who are interested in organizing skipping events and groups in conjunction with the book's release.

I recently got this great email from a skipping couple asking how they can get more involved in the skipping movement....

Hi there, I found this website a few days ago and just love it. I have been skipping for three years. I just started one day during my walking activity and alternated for awhile. Now I just can't get enough of it. My wife is skipping also during her 4 mile walks. We live in Arkansas, so you can imagine the looks we receive. During deer season, we have to be extreeeeemly careful. Hunters think we are deer bounding about as we do. I am 51 years old, a custodian, part time music teacher, full time kid. My wife is 53, a teacher, and part time kid. Let me know how we can become more actively involved.

I love getting emails like this...and if you are someone who loves to skip, I invite you to please email me at kimskips@peoplepc.com to introduce yourself. I am starting a new email list of people who are interested in being "head skippers" and would love to add you to the list. Skip on!

No comments: