Monday, July 18, 2005

As a proud promoter of positive energy, I am a huge fan of the smiley face! So much so that I carry a smiley face backpack everywhere I go. I also recently painted smiley faces on the hub caps of my 1990 Acura Legend...and have an entire smiley face shrine in my cozy San Francisco studio apartment.

Because I love the smiley so much, I was saddened to read about Kentucky's negative reaction to their Mr. Smiley license plate that was decorated with a smiling sun. Apparently, Mr. Smiley was just too cheery for some drivers...and he is being replaced with a new campaign called "The Unbridled Spirit".

The unbridled spirit...Wow! If Mr. Smiley has to go, I'm happy that they came up with such an inspiring replacement concept! The unbridled spirit makes me want to get out there and skip! It also inspires me not to let some people's negative feelings about the smiley face deter me from sharing the smiley face love wherever I go!

No comments: