Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Day Two

I felt really good the minute I woke up today...which is not normal. By nature, I'm not a morning person so the skip usually doesn't enter my step until well after a hot shower or cup of coffee.

I'm attributing my good cheer to this 21-day experiment I have committed to fulfill. For me, the hardest part in this kind of thing is finding the willingness to get started...and this morning I realized I am over that hump! The wheels of this experiment are officially in motion and I'm already noticing myself beginning to unthaw creatively. Two days down...Nineteen to go.

I went to my writer's group tonight to work on my book so didn't get home until late. I decided to choose meditation as my daily practice. I sat cross legged on my couch and listened to a 30-minute deep relaxation CD and did my best to completely quiet my mind.

Like yesterday, this practice offered nothing earth shattering. But I can already see how powerful the cumulative effect of consciously making spirit a priority in my life for the next three weeks is going to be! Tomorrow is a yoga day...and I'll probably find a few ways to add some skips to my step as well.

Onward and upward!

No comments: