Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Day Three

For today's 21-day experiment practice I did a yoga class during my lunch hour. I have been hearing others sing yoga's praises for years now and never understood what all the hub bub was about. Of course, I also had never managed to do it more than once or twice in a row.

I started my current yoga practice while I was back home again in Indiana last Christmas. My soul sister Stephanie was on her own 30-day yoga mission at the time and invited me to join her for a class or two. I got hooked and have been doing it ever since. (Thanks Steph!) Ever since New Year's, I've done yoga at least twice a week which was great training for this experiment.

My inner voices of doubt and fear reared their ugly heads a couple times today...Doubting my ability so stick with this 21-day experiment...Doubting that it will make any noticeable difference for me if I do...and even doubting my ability to capture my inner experience in words when/if something does happen.

Thankfully, my heart has been easy to hear as well. I've had glimpses of feeling really good...Moments of gratitude, contentment, and a deep sense of knowing I am on the right path with this 21-day experiment. I'm practicing breathing in that yummy energy and breathing out the fear and doubt. Doing so definitely makes it easier to enjoy the ride!

No comments: