Thursday, February 23, 2006

Day Four

I went to yoga at lunchtime again today and get bonus points because I stayed for the practice even though the teacher was out sick.

On the way home I realized that yoga doesn't feel like much of a stretch for me as far as this 21-day experiment goes...probably because I was already doing it regularly before I started. On the other hand, it does give me strength and connects me with the core of who I am...What more could I possibly ask for?!

I got some great insight into what this 21-day experiment is all about for me tonight as I sat on my couch listening to Jack Kornblum's Meditation for Beginners CD. He explained how spiritual partice is about getting to know our own hearts and then living from that place in an open and loving way. Yummy!

Jack's insights helped me realize that is my intention for this 21-day experiment...I am doing this to help me hear my heart more clearly and to hopefully find more strength and courage to follow its lead.

I think it is interesting that I haven't chosen skipping as my daily practice yet....I think because I'm just getting warmed up and skipping takes more spiritual chutzpah and heart than the other practices. Soon, very soon, I'll be off and skipping.

No comments: