Sunday, February 26, 2006


Day Seven

As usual, the all night prayer ritual was an amazing experience. Since this was the third time I have done it, I knew what to expect so it didn't feel quite as edgy this time. I also had far less resistance inside myself about waking up and singing as previous times....Probably because I have been so focused spiritually recently. I came home this morning at 8, slept deeply for 4 hours, and woke up feeling like I was skipping on air.

The prayer ritual we did is used in the Mayan tradition to do work on the dream plane, so several of the women in our group have had powerful dreams in the couple hours of deep sleep that follow the night of chanting. When I first woke up this morning, my dreams were sitting just off shore in my consciousness. Try as I might I couldn't remember. That is until a cell phone rang as it had in one of my dreams. At that moment, the veil lifted and I vividly remembered a dream I had of a huge butterfly flying in a window and flitting about over my head.

I went to Border's tonight and bought a beautiful book called The Complete Book of Dreams & Dreaming. Here's what it says about the butterfly:

1. On a practical level when seen in dreams, the butterfly represents light-heartedness and freedom
2. Psychologically, the butterfly indicates a lack of ability to settle down or to undertake a protracted task.
3. When seen in dreams or meditation, the butterfly represents the freed soul and immortality. It shows that there is no need for the soul to be trapped by the physical body.

All three definitions ring true for me....1. Skipping and my spiritual quest are all about wanting to feel light and free..... 2. I am slowly but surely working on getting myself to settle down and focus enough to write my book.... and 3. a big part of my intention for last night had to do with staying connected to my Grandmother despite her recent passing!

It seems the butterfly was a perfect messenger for me!

No comments: