Friday, October 07, 2005

I've really been getting my blogging groove on lately...I am proud of myself for doing a post every day this week! Wow!

Today I have another skipping email I'd like to share....This one from Pam in Raleigh, NC.....

Kim; I loved to skip as a child and have been reading your newsletter for a while now. A friend from local church singles commited suicide this summer and the pastor who spoke at her memorial service challenged family and friends to do something ourselves that would honor her life. I signed up to walk in a Run for Life race that benefits a local home for pregnant teens since my friend loved children but never had any of her own. I have never run in a race as I have bad ankles. So I decided to skip as much as possible which I felt would make my friend smile. I took third in the 19 and up age range. I am 52. Not too bad for a first attempt. I am encouraged to skip on! If you need a head skipper in the Triangle area, I'm your gal!

Pam, what a touching skipping story...Thank you for sharing it. Isn't it fun to skip in walk/run events! It really spices things up.

As for being a head skipper, I definitely encourage you to skip loud and skip proud in Raleigh and would love to do a profile about your love of skipping on iskip.com. At the moment, there is not a unified head skipper contingent. However, I am slowly but surely working on a book about skipping and am collecting email addresses of skippers around the country who want to help create a national skipping day once it is published. I will add your email to the list...and in the meantime, SKIP ON girlfriend! :-)

No comments: