Thursday, October 06, 2005

I am a book publicist for a wonderful company called New World Library in Novato, California. I have worked there since March and can't tell you how great it feels to finally have a job I love with all of my heart.

When the skipping movement was at its height, I quit my book publishing job to focus on getting the word out about skipping full time. I naively assumed that if I leapt, the financial net would magically follow! Not! I basically skipped myself into financial ruin....and getting back on the beaten path once I skipped off wasn't easy!

Before finding my work home here at New World, I had some pretty crazy employment experiences, including getting fired on the day before Christmas by my 73-year-old bodybuilder boss. It wasn't pretty and I am so grateful that part of my life adventure has come and gone! Good riddance.

New World Library publishes amazing books that are dedicated to changing people's lives. On days when I don't have much skipping news, I thought it might be cool to share a quote or small exceprt from one of our books!

One that I am particularly passionate about is called The Translucent Revolution: How People Just Like You are Waking Up and Changing the World. The book's author Arjuna Ardagh examines the shift in consciousness that is gradually happening in our world and explains it in a way that isn't too new agey or out there. As someone who wants more than anything to do my part to make the world a better place, I love the book.

Here's a brief quote from The Translucent Revolution that recently appeared in O Magazine...

"We constantly resist not only our grief, but also our wild passion and sexuality, our anger, even our exuberance and joy, repressing their free expression. Big feelings overwhelm us. They can easily upset the fragile equillibrium of our lives. We keep a lid on ourselves, till we periodically explode. We don't realize that any deep feeling, pleasurable or painful, can be a wave we surf home into ourselves, into love."

So here's to feeling big .... dreaming big.... living big.... and skipping big! Skip on Arjuna Ardagh...Thanks for writing such a great book.

1 comment:

Arjuna Ardagh said...

I am Arjuna Ardagh, I wrote the Translucent revolution.

Thank you Kim, your boook publicising is pure skipping!

love

aa