Saturday, October 22, 2005

Ever since I created iskip.com in 1999, I've wanted to write a book. As someone who worked in the book publishing industry, it seemed like the natural thing to do to get my skipping message out there...Only I didn't realize how hard writing a book and getting it published really is!

When People Magazine did an article on my skipping efforts, a top literary agent inquired about representing me. Back then the working title of my project was SKIP ON! A Guide for Following Your Bliss ... All of my financial eggs were riding in my book project's basket and when my manuscript fell short with publishers, they were smashed into a billion little bits. Financially and creatively I was completley out of gas.

I went back to working at a full time job and it felt like my dream of writing a book and promoting skipping full time was dead. I couldn't feel it at the time, but am happy to report that the inspiration and hope it would take for me to eventually skip back to the drawing board on my book project was still in there....It just took three years for me to find it again....and that time is now!

Working on the book again is helping me realize that every aspect of my experience so far--from the highest high to the lowest low--are all extremely valuable parts of my story. It was impossible for me to write my book before going through the most challenging part of my journey...Now I see my ability to survive the dark times and to come out skipping on the other end is ultimately what the book is all about!

Writing a book is definitely the most challenging thing I have ever tried to do in my life...So please send me positive thoughts... Imagine my fingers happily skipping across the keyboard with lightness and ease! I can use all of the positive energy support I can get on this project!! Thanks! Skip on!!

1 comment:

Cupcake Citizen said...

It has always been reality to me that Kim will succeed in publishing her book. "in good time...."