Friday, February 01, 2008

I've received some especially great mail from skippers around the country lately and wanted to share...

For a number of years, I lost touch with skipping. This is a reflection of a losing touch with myself. In 2000, I visited my favorite spot in Florida and when I got out of the car, my joy exploded into a full out skip. I now skip when I am happy. And, after visiting your web site, I am setting the intention to skip more often. In fact, I have been telling myself to begin jogging once a week and I am going to make it a jog/skip combo. Love, light, joy and abundance. Sandra in Florida

I skip down my long driveway which runs between 13 condos and is hidden from the street and from my neighbors. I love to skip. --Timi in California

just a cute skipping story for you. my oldest son turned 5 and started kindergarten this past fall. i have 2 younger children - a 4 year old and a 2 year old. we live about 3/10th a mile from the school, so we walk there. i put the 2 younger kids in a double stroller and make the trip twice a day. well one day, my son asked if we could skip. ever since then, the baby will say "skip skip mama" ---- and if i stop to get a rest, cause i AM pushing a double stroller as i skip, he will say "skip skip again". my 5 year old asked why we skip to school instead of driving like all his friends do --- and i always tell him that skipping is good exercise, so it is good for your body, it is good for your mind and feelings and helps keep us feeling good and happy (releasing those endorphins), and it is good for the environment cause skipping to school doesn't require any gas. but now the 3 boys not only want old mommy to skip pushing the double stroller all the way to school, but they want me to sing a "skip skip skipping to school" song. this is particularly exciting to my 4 year old who has autism and loves to sing songs over and over again. so, i'm sure we are quite a sight to the cars and school buses driving by. :) -Johnetta, Lexington, KY

Yay! I can't tell you how much it makes my day every time I hear from a kindred skipping spirit! Skippers of the world unite. Skip on!

No comments: