Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day! I just went to google to try to find a heart image to include on this post and was delighted to see the image at the right...It's their logo with an older couple skipping off into the sunset! Thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share it here.

Here's a fun email exchange with a born again skipper who couldn't remember how to skip when he first tried it as an adult...He writes...

I'm glad I found your website. I loved skipping as a child. It was the easiest and most "fun" thing to do, getting from one place to another.

I guess I took it for granted that once you know how to skip, you always can. Well, I cannot skip any longer. Maybe it's because I'm too old. Maybe because I have a back problem. Maybe because I've gained weight. I can run and walk and I cannot skip.

I asked some of my friends if they could skip and all said "yes" to the question. Yet, very few actually were able to skip. Those that couldn't, had that same bewildered look I did when I failed. So, my question to you if you can answer it, is how can one forget how to skip? Mind you, I can still ride a bicycle. I would appreciate your thoughts on this one.

I replied... "Somewhere in there is the part of you that remembers how to skip! And it makes since that it might take a few tries to rediscover it if you haven't skipped in decades...Can you gallop? As in skipping without changing sides with your legs?!?! That might be an easy way to start since you are having a hard time remembering! You might consider asking a young child to help you remember how to skip by showing you how until you get it right! It would make their day I am sure."

And a few weeks later, all was well...

Yes, I caught on again! Not that I do it often and only when alone.
I found your site by using "google". I believe I googled "I forgot how to skip" and your site was one of 6 or so that came up. Glad I did find you anyway. It's a fun thing I did as a child and as you get older, you start to appreciate those lilttle things we took for granted when we were kids.

No comments: