Sunday, February 03, 2008

Did you see that Oprah picked A NEW EARTH by Eckhart Tolle has as her latest book club pick? Oprah and Eckhart are also going to be teaching a free web class through Oprah.com for 10 weeks starting on March 3rd where they will be discussing the book chapter by chapter.

I'm really excited about this for a few reasons...

1. For quite some time now thanks in large part to my experience starting the skipping movement, I've recognized that our collective culture is in desperate need of a radical shift in consciousness....and the fact that Oprah is acknowleding that fact...and sharing Eckhart's work in this way is a huge step in that direction.

2. I've had a copy of A NEW EARTH on my bookshelf for a couple of years...and now I have the incentive and inspiration to start reading it. It's fun to imagine all of the other minds and hearts who are being similary affected by his words as I read them.

3. The company I work for, New World Library, is the publisher of several of Eckhart's other works including his New York Times Bestseller THE POWER OF NOW..which I wrote about a few months back when Paris Hilton took it with her into the pokey! Even though we didn't publish A NEW EARTH, the fact that Eckhart's work is going to a whole new level will undoubtedly be a great thing for our company!

Woo hoo! Skip on Oprah! Skip on Eckhart! Onward and Upward! Together we can and are changing the world!

No comments: