Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Several months ago I heard from a woman in Pennsylvania who was thinking about organizing some group skips...When I didn't hear back from her for a while, I figured she must have decided just to skip it. But then I got this email from her which I felt inspired to share along with my response to her....

I am so so sorry for not communicating with you - you must have thought I skipped off the face of the earth! OK, so here's what happened. At the end of March of this year, I took a class in Kundalini Yoga and was absolutely transformed and hooked - it was exactly what I had been waiting for, as far as a fitness/spiritual type class to get involved with and actually pay money to take. I have since not missed one week of class, and am what one would call a devotee.

Unfortunately, and I am sure this is not what the gurus intended, I have pretty much stopped my daily walks in the park and cemetary, and therefore the desire to skip kind of subsided. Damn! I still believe in skipping and will someday probably "practice" it, but for now, this is where my heart lies. My whole physique has changed, and most importantly, I am really BREATHING now, which I was barely doing before. Kundalini is not for everyone - there is a lot of chanting involved, and I never dreamed I would take to it so devotedly - but when it's for you, you know it. Been there in another life, type of thing.

Ah well, Kim, I still love ya and admire greatly your passion, and fully support what you and other skippers do. Keep me informed and in your thoughts as a someday skipper, and best wishes in all you do! Susan

And here is my reply...

Susan, I loved getting this email!!!!! Your story exemplifies what I hope is the bigger picture message behind iskip.com.....Find the thing that makes YOUR heart sing and do it as often as possible and don't let anything or anyone stand in your way. Even more than I hope people will start a skipping practice, I hope they will find whatever their unique way of connecting with their heart/spirit is. I'm so happy to hear that you have found your thing! Thank you for sharing your passion and enthusiasm. Skip on! Yoga on! Kim

No comments: