Monday, September 11, 2006

It feels so good to be getting my skip back...Ever since iskip.com was born back in 1999, I have always skipped a little here and a little there...But I haven't been doing it as a regular practice or for long enough distances for it to be physically challenging for quite some time.

When my hopes of finding fame AND fortune ala my skipping dream were dashed and smashed, my skipping spirit definitely felt the impact. Skipping down the street without a care in the world suddenly wasn't as effortless and natural as it once had been. I entered what you might call a skipping slump.

Even though I knew first hand how skipping on a regular basis infuses my body, mind, and spirit with positive energy, a very important part of the puzzle has been missing the past several years...the WILLINGNESS to actually get out there and get my skip on.

Just like it was my childlike exuberance that inspired me to start skipping, it has been my childlike will that has been refusing to play along recently...and my inner critic that thinks I was completely crazy ever to believe in my skipping dream in the first place ceratinly hasn't been helping matters.

That's why it feels wildly fantastic to feel my skipping spirit starting to once again spring to life. I've been doing the things that have helped that part of me awaken in the past for quite some time now...Like my 21-day experiment...going to the gym before work in the mornings and skipping on the treadmill...and praying dangerously...So it feels good to be feeling the fruit of those labors. Slowly, but surely I am getting my skipping groove back.

Tonight I went for a long skip up and down the hills of my neighborhood. The crowded streets of San Francisco have to be one of the ultimate places to skip. I get so lost in the experience that I don't pay very much attention to the people I skip by...But almost without fail when I do glance up, I'm greeted by either a big wide smile or a look of amused bewilderment.

My intention is to start skipping around the city a lot more often and to keep documenting my experiences here...My theory is that the more I skip, the more amazing, magical and fun stuff will happen in my own life and with the skipping movement! And, even if I'm wrong, I'll certainly have fun finding out. Skip on!

No comments: