Wednesday, May 24, 2006


When I was a little girl and my family moved to a new neighborhood, my Grandmother took me door-to-door in search of new friends. We knocked on every door and she would say, "This is Kim. She just moved to the neighborhood. Do you have any kids that can be her friend?" I was three or four at the most. What a gift my Grandmother gave me by doing that!

I've been hearing so much about My Space recently I decided to check it out for myself. I thought it might be a cool way for skippers to connect. So I built my own page at www.myspace.com/kimskips. So far, all it has helped me do is feel like the new kid on the block! I only have three friends...(1) The founder of My Space who is the first friend of everyone (2) Someone who saw a posting I put on the exercise board about skipping (3) Extreme Gene of Extreme Skipping fame who has a myspace page.

If you are a skipper with a myspace page....I'd love it if we could be friends! Or perhaps you aren't a skipper, but are one of the following. Here's what I wrote in the "Who I'd Like to Meet" section of my My Space page.

***Awake individuals who can hear their hearts and dare to follow them. People who say YES to their dreams.

***Kindred spirits with a clear intention of contributing as much positive energy to our world as possible.

***Do gooders. Free spirits. Yogis. Dancers. Skippers. Bubble blowers. Meditators. Burners. Prayers. Anyone who wants to make the world a more positive, loving place.

If any of the above describes you, come see me on mypace...or send me an email and tell me where I can find you there! Skip on!

No comments: