Thursday, November 03, 2005

Yesterday I received this email from a European skipper...

I went on a mission to find fellow skippers on the internet and came across your webpage. I have enjoyed skipping very occassionally when amongst friends for several years but always forgot about it soon afterwards. Now I'm thinking it would be great to get involved in a group! I'm from London but living in Budapest at the moment- have any fellow skippers from here contacted you yet?

I have spent the last week or two realising/rediscovering how fantastic skipping is- it' s impossible to even think about it without grinning from ear to ear! I've been tring to convince others too and was delighted to see all of my reasoning set out on your website- the key one being- just try and skip whilst not smiling- It's impossible!! Happy Skipping! Jo

And here is my response...(By the way, if you are a skipper who would like to talk about your love of skipping in a skipper profile on iskip.com please email me and let me know!)

Yay! I love hearing from people like you who are so inspired by the magic of skipping....It really is magic! I'd be willing to bet just about anyone that if they skipped everywhere they went for an entire week, their lives would change for the better in powerful and unexpected ways!

Over the years, I have heard from various skippers in Europe, although I'm not in direct contact with any now (other than you!) I would love to do a profile about you and your enthusiasm for skipping on iskip.com...and then we could see if we could get the media there to write about your efforts if you wanted to start a skipping group?! Do you have some free spirited friends who would help you get something started there?

In Europe, I have found it is particularly important to mention that you are talking about skipping WITHOUT a rope. That's because most people there automatically think of skipping rope when they hear "skipping". I once did an entire radio interview on the BBC out of London...The very last question they asked me was, "Where do you buy your rope?" I quickly answered, "Oh no. I don't skip with a rope." The interviewers were shocked! In their most dignified English accent they say said, "What, no rope!?" I went on to quickly explain how I just leap happily from point A to point B like kids do before our time ran out, but they were definitely quite taken aback!!

Thanks so much for writing to introduce yourself! Let me know if you are interested in being profiled on iskip.com. SKIP ON!


No comments: