Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I just love the all of the positive energy people I meet through iskip.com. Even people who can't or don't physically skip, still can have a skipping spirit!!

Last week I heard from one such man. He lives in Delaware and his name is Felix. Twenty-two years ago he started blowing bubbles to track the ground winds while flying kites. He hasn't stopped since. He is the unofficial bubble visionary for The American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore and frequently makes bubbles at their events.

Here is a quote from my Felix's Bubble Manifesto you can read in its entirety on his website, "I cannot explain the attraction that people have for soap bubbles. It is beyond science and is somewhere out there on an intuitive and mystical plane. I just know I like to make bubbles. I like to watch bubbles. And I like watching people watching bubbles. It is unspoken harmony with the universe."

As an avid bubbler myself, I love Felix's enthusiasm...not to mention the great pictures on his website. My favorite time to blow bubbles is out of my sunroof when I'm stuck in traffic! It's a great way to pass the time and it makes people around you smile too! I also love to blow bubbles whenever I am around kids...Talk about pure magic!

I first got turned onto bubbling when I met my free spirited friend Esteban who is a bubbling fanatic who now lives in Chile! He used to bubble nearly everywhere we went. There are actually more bubblers out there than you might think!! I totally understand why! It's truly amazing to watch the faces of young and old alike as magical bubbles float joyfully through the air! So bubble on Felix!!!!! Bubble on! Bubble on!

No comments: