Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Thank God for answered prayer! I'm back from my 9th Burning Man and am definitely feeling more inspired about my book project and mission of sharing the joy of skipping with the world than before I left.

My experience in the desert this year was a lot more about tears, anger, and emotional upheaval than the glitter, bliss, and euphoria of past years. It began with all of the costumes I had created for the event blowing out of the top of the truck on the way there...and ended with an intense and painful relationship drama that broke my heart wide open.

While the majority of people were taking drugs and going wild out there, I was riding my bike alone in the open desert saying this prayer over and over, "Spirit of the living God work afresh in me. Spirit of the living God work afresh in me. Melt me. Mold me. Fill me. Use me. Spirit of the living God work afresh in me." I guess I shouldn't be surprised that things in my world got shaken up a bit, now should I?!

As I read my pre-burning man post, I can begin to see some method to all of the madness I experienced...Before my intense and trying experience, I was feeling emotionally blocked and like I couldn't access the deepest part of me that I need to write my book and tell my story in a powerful way. I most definitely reconnected with that part of me through all of the emotional intensity of my Burning Man experience...It wasn't pretty or fun.... But it did the trick. Now I am left looking forward to the future with hope and anticipating for what comes next.

This morning I got my butt out of bed early and went to the gym before work. It felt great to start my day with a power skip on the treadmill... and it feels great to be exercising my writing voice through this post. I can feel myself getting my skipping groove back and it feels great...With everything that is happening in New Orleans, my desire to do good in this world is huge....So onward and upward....I can't wait to see what the Universe has in store for me next. SKIP ON!

No comments: