Wednesday, September 21, 2005


I just had the most magical San Francisco skipping experience and felt moved to share as soon as I got home!

Tonight I went to dinner with a fun group of people who were my coworkers when I worked at The Learning Annex. Five of us had a fun dinner and then my friend Tania offered to drive me home.

Tania is a skip chic extraordinaire...When I first started working at the Annex, the skip had practically left my step...But Tania just so happened to be an enthusiastic skipper herself....She had even emailed me through iskip.com long before I started working there! For her birthday she organized a group skip across the Golden Gate Bridge (The picture above is of Tania and her husband Jason on that day)....This girl inspires me and has totally helped me get my skip back.

As Tania and I walked to her car tonight, we both started skipping which was incredibly fun in and of itself...and then out of nowhere, a huge fireworks show started happening over the Bay, so we rushed over to watch. The fireworks were huge! Bigger than the fourth of July! We oooed and aaahed and hooped and hollered. We noticed that everyone else who walked by seemed unphased by the miraculous show...But not us...We were enthusiastic enough for the lot of them.

A guy on a bike who rode by us cheered and we were happy to have found a kindred spirit. He ended up coming over and introducing himself. His name was Charlie. After we chatted for a while, I pulled an iskip.com sticker out of my purse and handed it to him. His face lit up as he told us how much he loved to skip. Suddenly the three of us were joyously skipping all about as bright, colorful, explosive fireworks filled the sky!! Wow!

It felt like the fireworks show lasted forever. When it was done, Tania and I skipped back to the car. A cop stopped traffic and waved us on, "Only for you Skippers," he said with a smile. The next man we passed beamed from ear to ear....A woman in a large group waiting to board a bus nodded in approval.....It was city skipping at its best!

I am feeling wildly inspired by tonight! I invited Tania to go skipping with me on a weekend day in the city sometime soon so we can create more skipping magic like we experienced tonight. I can hardly wait. Skip on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have inspired me too ! I would love to join you on your next skipping adventure !!
Skip on Skipper and Dutchess of Skip ! Anniebell (inventor of the Prancer Skip)