Sunday, December 16, 2007

I spent my day today at the beautiful Spirit Rock Meditation Center at a daylong workshop about perfect timing, syncronicity, and dreams. This was my first visit to Spirit Rock since moving to Marin County a year ago...but it definitely won't be my last. What a beautiful, sacred place.

The teacher for the day was David Richo, a psychotherapist and author who combines Jungian, transpersonal, and mythic perspectives in his work.

I took pages of notes and thought I'd share a few of the highlights here..

**Synchronicity = Coincidence with meaning. It's when chance and meaning come together...It offers us a message that has to do with the fulfillment of self and the contribution we are meant to make.

**Whenever we become controlling, we get in the way of synchronicity. When we let go of ego, we hear the messages more fully.

**Fear is the ego's first name.

**My role as a free being is to say YES to the love that my ego is afraid of but that the Self is made of.

**When fear stands in your way, use the AAA approach...(1) Admit you are afraid (2) Allow the feeling fully (3) Act as if the fear could not stop you

**Fear of grieving is at the heart of all fear.

**Love makes meaning visible. Trust its power.

And so it is! Skip on!

No comments: