Monday, June 12, 2006

I got this fantastic email from skippers Emma and Sophie who live in Australia and wanted to share! They are so right that a skipping session can immediately put you in a more positive head space! Skip on Emma and Sophie!

Just thought I'd send you an email... Cuz i'm happy!!!

The other day i realized something. Skipping actually improves your mood and removes everyday stresses. One day for example, I was totally weighed down with everything. Work was getting me down. The weather was horrible. I had a cold and I had just had a fight with one of my friends, plus my parents were on my back. i was ready to give up, crawl into bed and stay there until summer. But then i had an revelation. i decided to turn to skipping.

I channelled all of my anger and frustration into skipping. I held back at first, skipping quite lightly as one would do in a happy mood on a summer day, but i found that that technique wasn't making me feel any better. So i decided to put some anger into it. I skipped fast and hard. i skipped up and down the beach, the wind on my back and the feeling was FANTASTIC!!!

When I got home, I was exhausted. but i felt great. While I was skipping I completely forgot about everything and when I got home I felt fully refreshed. I patched things over with my parents, my friend, popped a flu tablet and decided that working at a corner store for 8 hours straight wasn't that bad. I realized that my life could be worse and that I was glad to have what I have.

So to all out there who think skipping is stupid and for losers who are caught in their childhood, I say start skipping ASAP for a totally fresh outlook on life. You will thank us for it... Love from Emma and Sophie

No comments: