Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My grandmothers two funeral services last week were beautiful. We did one in the town where she has lived for the past ten years and one where my Dad grew up in Union City, Indiana. I gave my tribute at both and made it through without crying. I was channeling my gmother's strength for sure. It was intense, emotional, joyful, energizing, exhausting, and powerful all at the same time.

In sharp contrast to the emotionally intense events of last week, I helped my sister and brother-in-law host a birthday party for my magical niece Maggie on Sunday. She turns five on the 22nd and 15 of her closest friends came to the party. If you look carefully you'll see me camaflouged in the middle of all the kiddies wearing a bright pink sweater! We were singing, dancing, and skipping to Jingle Bells and fully enjoying the moment. Talk about vibrant energy full of life!

I am extremely grateful that it worked out for me to tele-commute for work through the holidays so I can be with my family during this intense time. I feel a bit like a fish out of water being away from San Francisco for so long, but know that the special moments I am sharing with my family are what life is all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skipper, You truly have a beautiful spirit, and I have told you that before. I read the three blogs about your Grandmother, and if it wasn't midnight here in California I would call someone and tell them how much I love them. Tempted to call you. I Love You Skipper. You have touched my heart (to tears), the attributes your Grandmother posseses truly shine through you. And may I say, that was a beautiful piece you said at your Grandmothers services. We should all aspire to shine so bright as You and Grandmother do. My prayers are with you. God bless you and all of us. Dusty