Sunday, January 20, 2008

This weekend I sent an "As the World Skips" newsletter out to the iskip mailing list for the first time in almost two years!

I've gotten some great emails in response from skippers around the country I haven't connected with in years...and some I am e-meeting for the first time. It's great fun. Here's one that I particularly enjoyed... It's from Michael in Salt Lake City...

Uncanny timing! I am not the biggest skipper by far, but every once in a while a full on skip comes over me, and it just has to be let out. Yesterday was one of those days, and I thought of you! I don’t belong to any skipping club, or have a bunch of friends that skip for fun, it’s just me. Well actually Colby my 7 year old golden retriever was with me, and I think he was kinda skipping too. Actually if skipping brings a sense of being happy and carefree then Colby has skipping mastered.

I just thought it was cool to wake up and have an e-mail from you, who I have never met before, or even e-mailed before that I can think of, the day after I had a skipping episode! Thanks for being part of my mindfulness about being fully alive.


That's synchronicity if I ever saw it....Reminds me of the flood of synchronicity/magic/grace that inspired the skipping movement to begin with. Good stuff!

Interestingly, most of the skipping I know about these days is just like Michael's.... free form, spontaneous, and in the moment....which is really what the nature of skipping is all about! My personal "skipping movement" vision has shifted in recent years... Before I was soooo excited about trying to change the world with its unique positive energy message that I somehow lost touch with the magic of skipping along the way. I learned the hard way just how futile an effort hoping to change the entire world can be....and have been focusing instead on building inner strength and living from the heart so I can contribute as much positive energy/love as possible in my immediate environment...which is really all any one of us can do, right? Skip on!

No comments: