Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Have gotten some fun stuff in the skipper mailbag this week...

From Edie in Pennsylvania... I was skipping last night... I was with 3 friends and we went to a local golf course to make wishes under the full moon. One friend (her name is Harmony) and I skipped and danced around one of the greens. What fun! I particularly enjoy the Wizard of Oz skipping style.

From Maria in California...I went on your website and had the most amazing memory of one my best friends in college skipping down the streets in New York city, and how I would join her in pure abandon, in the face of the hundreds of New Yorkers with somewhere to go, there we were skipping together, holding hands like Dorothy and the lion on the yellow brick road.

And here's a fun exchange with a skipper named Derrick in Nebraska..

He writes...Hello, I have a question, I'm a big fan of skipping and try to as much as possible when out at night, my friends know I'm gonna do it and most are past being embarrassed by me doing it around them. My question is, what is the distance of a skip? Reason being, my friends say that I bound or leap, not skip. And I always tell people that I can skip to a certain spot in a certain number of skip steps and then it causes a fight. Please clarify for me. Thanks, Brent

And my response...So is your question if size matters in skipping?! :-) The answer is no! The sky is the limit when it comes to skipping strides! That includes how high up in the air you go...and how much distance you travel. Skip large! Skip on!

Keep those cards and letters coming...Be sure to email me the next time you have a fun skipping story to share.

No comments: