Monday, July 14, 2008

A few weeks back, I did an interview on Gold Radio in the UK as a result of the press release that went out on Wireless Flash...and have been having a fun email correspondence with a nice chap from there ever since.

Well, he wrote to me this morning and let me know about an article that ran in The London Times there that sings the fitness benefits of skipping, hopping, and jumping.

You can read the whole article here, but I thought I'd pull out the paragraph about skipping and share it here...

Skipping: The US National Institute of Health claims that skipping burns more calories (70-100 in ten minutes) than any other popular exercise except running. Done regularly, it also builds bone density in the hips and muscle power in the legs. Start with a 1:3 skipping-to-rest ratio - so if you skip for five minutes, rest for 15, then do five minutes of skipping again.

Woo-hoo! More calories than any other exercise! That's what I'm talking about. Skip on!

No comments: