Friday, November 16, 2007

Back in 2000/2001, when the Internet bubble was still intact and iskip.com was really hopping, I met a fun fellow free spirit online named Randy Constan, also known as Peter Pan from his website Pixyland.org.

We connected because he saw a picture of a skipper on my website that he was hoping might be his Tinkerbell....and we have been "pen pals" ever since.

In 2001, Randy's website won the Webby Award for the "Weirdest Website on the Web" and he invited me to come to the gala awards ceremony as his guest. The theme for the night was "anything goes" so I wore a sparkly green dress, my SKIP on visor, and sported a smiley face fan and antannae! We had so much fun.

Well, after his long and diligent search, Randy recently emailed me to say he has finally found his Tinkerbell and is engaged to be married! Yay!

This morning I read this exclusive interview that Wired did with Randy..Imagine my surprise when I read this part...

Long distance relationships are indeed way tougher than I ever imagined, and in the end none worked out to be more than close friendships. But among them all I still have wonderful memories of meeting the "skipper" grrl (Kim, from Iskip.com). It was shortly after we met on-line that I was invited to the Webby Awards with an all expense paid trip, and so we went there together. That was back in 2001. We went to a party put on by the people who manage Burning man the next night. What a party that was!

Reading that made my day and brought back such fun memories! Yay! Thanks Randy....and a huge congratulations to you and Dorothy! May you skip happily everafter. :-)

No comments: