Tuesday, July 11, 2006

This weekend I watched a lovely independent film called Junebug I got from Netflix. It tells the story of a big city art dealer who makes a trip to North Carolina where her new husband's family lives. His relatives consist of a bristly mother, a reticent father, a crabby brother, and a wide eyed optimistic sister-in-law who all live in the same house. The movie shows there is always more to family than meets the eye.

One scene in the movie made me instantly think of skipping. The preacher of the small town North Carolina church is giving a sermon and asks the congregation, "When was the last time you were so filled up with the holy spirit that people mocked you? They said that person must be drunk. That person must be filled with new wine. I have to confess that I think that time for me may have been never."

It makes me happy to be able to say that I have been so full of the holy spirit (through skipping) that some have mocked me! Skipping infuses my spirit with lightness and joy! It makes me feel happy to be alive! What a blessing. Skip on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I skip when I feel good, happy or light, yes, just like a kid. I like you guys' (You and Darrin's) blog; they are charged with positive and light energy. I am a telepath (with everyone), reluctantly and secretyly for a long time and now Spirit is urging me to share my gifts. Kudos to spreading positive and loving ideas!