Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Last week, I attended a weight watchers meeting for the first time in 23 years. The last time I went to one, I was a sophomore in high school and went somewhat against my will per my Father's well-intentioned suggestion. So just getting myself there on my own volition felt like a signficant achievement.

I'm turning 40 in four months and it feels good to once again be taking positive steps toward healthier eating habits. I pray that I'm at a place where my focus and determination will stay the course....I'm ready to feel good in my body again!

At tonight's meeting, I learned that I lost 3 pounds in my first week which certainly encourages me to to keep at it. The theme for tonight was "Dance it Off"... The leader suggested that we turn on music in our house to dance to at some point before the next meeting... So I decided to pipe up and share my love of skipping with the group....since it's also a great thing to do around the house (especially if you're too self conscious to do it in public.)

I shared how skipping burns twice as many calories as walking...and passed around some SKIP ON postcards I had with me. A couple of people came up to me after to say they were going to give it a try. That felt good! I hope they really do! I know that it's something I am intending on doing a lot more of because I know firsthand how doing so can speed up weight loss efforts. Think good thoughts for me! Skip on!

1 comment:

lcfritz said...

Three pounds! That's awesome! I was down two today when I weighed in. You go girl!