Thursday, May 01, 2008

Here are a few fun emails I have gotten from kindred skipping spirits recently...

I live in San Jose and have wanted to start skipping for fun/spirit uplift/exercise - but have been worried about looking nuts. Glad I found your site to see I'n not the only one who "gets it" - I'm going to put on my shoes and go out to have a skip now! :^) Thanks! M in San Jose, CA

I am a 63 year old woman who walks and bikes every day. I will now include skipping in my hour workout. I heard you on the radio in Minneapolis. I started kindegarten when I was four. I was the only child who could not skip. My teacher sat the children in a circle and I had to try to skip around the circle. The children laughed at me and I was so unhappy. The teacher thought that the children's ridicule would motivate me to learn. I have vivid memories of practicing skipping with my mom in the alley behind our home in South Dakota. Skipping was a bad thing for me......until I learned!! I then remember skipping everywhere. You are so right....it is hard to be angry when you are skipping. Thank you for a wonderful idea and a great thing to cause me to smile. -M in Minneapolis, MN

Just found your site today. I I liked the post by John-Paul of SF who referred to himself as a "weirdo free-spirit." I guess I fit that category too. I often ride my bicycle and play guitar at the same time. It's not as hard as it sounds. I also play fiddle and can fiddle and bike too, but it's trickier. Lately I've been skipping and fiddling (in my yard) and it's great. I can get going surprisingly fast. I look forward to hearing from and meeting fellow skippers. -Chris in Chicago

No comments: